.

.

Monday, November 24, 2008

FFFFFrustration

It all started in my first match at the Hagersville meet last Friday. I was supposed to face Soranno for my first match, so either way it's a win for Xavier. Some other coach decided to switch it up. I was up first. I faced the guy from the other school, with the usual difficulty of having to face tall people. Halfway through the first round Lanky-boy catches me by surprise and gets a nice grip on me; he proceeds to take me down. We fall on my shoulder. Hard. The shock of it all left me breathless on the mat, sitting up with my left shoulder numb. I tried moving it, but it wouldn't. Maybe it would wear off, I thought to myself. I got up; I wrestled on. I couldn't move my left arm at all without pain shooting through my shoulder [I had a chance to take him down, too]. I fought as hard as I could, but the pin was bound to come.

This is where the whole feeling of frustration comes. After the match, I went to go see a trainer about my shoulder. There were absolutely no signs pointing to them, noone from the school knew were to point me to. After finding the trainer, she gave me ice. That was it. n my head, I said "Got nothing to say to me?!" Frustration point number 1.

After sitting around hoping for it to start feeling better, it started to sink in; I wouldn't be wrestling anymore that day. I hate sitting around doing nothing. I do not like staying still. I was waiting so long for this meet, one that took up more than half of my day. Frustration gains another.

And now the school week has come. didn't want it to come, I'm just not ready for it. Although the idea of the Group 4 project excited me, my injury worried me very much. Today I learned just how useless I am right now. I know I could be farther along this project if it weren't for my shoulder. Frustration has given me strike three.

Apparently shoulder injuries take forever to heal. I've yet to see a doctor, I should go do that soon. My temporary sling hurts my neck [and my head]. If my mom sees me like this, I would have bought my wrestling shoes for nothing.

2 comments:

Bradrian said...

yeah man, it is a royal pain when you get hurt like that
same thin happened to me at augustine last year
it sucked, especially since it was basically useless for a while, and my parents won't let me do meets now.
slow isn't the word you'd use for this. depending on the extent of the injury, it may never heal, as is the case with mine.
but keep ur chin up, you guys did a great job, and i know you're still capable with a saw, so you're basically set
cheers man =]

Justin said...

oh boy. i get more than frustrated about wrestling.