.

.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Burn Out Brighter

I think it's time to appreciate some music; this time it's: Burn Out Brighter by Anberlin.
Live, I wanna live inspired
Die, I wanna die for something
Facing towards the heavens
I fell into a pitch black
I'm moments from landing and I'm shaking like a heart attack
Is there time, can I turn back
I've made mistakes in the past
Need a chance, can't say goodbye
Wish I could set things right tonight
Live, I wanna live inspired
Die, I wanna die for something higher than myself
Live and die for anyone else
The more I live I see this life's not about me
All I know spins out of control
Wonder what's next for a hardened soul
Nothing I earned can save me now
Here in what may be my final hour
Is there time, can I turn back
I've made mistakes, well, in the past
Need a chance, can't say goodbye
Wish I could set things right tonight
Live, I wanna live inspired
Die, I wanna die for something higher than myself
Live and die for anyone else
The more I live I see this life's not about me
Don't wanna leave this world knowing I breathed in vain
Looked out for myself, so sorry, so ashamed
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried
To chase down all my dreams that I hid away on the inside
Live, I wanna live on fire
Die, I wanna burn out brighter
Brighter than the Northern lights
Wanna live to feel the daylight
The more I live I see this life's not about me

This song is from Anberlin's newest album, New Surrender. Pretty good song, but the thing I love about this song are the lyrics.

In a nutshell, the song is about living life. Living life the way that we should: giving 100% not just to ourselves, but to others. The opening lines "Live; I wanna live inspired. Die; I want to die for something." says how I wanna live my life.

Live inspired.
I'd say this is the harder part. Many people spend their whole lives for something that inspires them; something that fuels them. Inspiration is the one thing that lets you wake up and think to yourself, "Today's a great day, let's make the best of it". it's the one thing that gives you something to look forward to each day when you wake up.

People don't know it, but they have plenty of blessings to inspire them.

Die for something.
The allure that brought soldiers to war: returning with great honor, or sacrificing yourself for your country. I know that I wanna die for something, maybe something cool like pushing someone out of the way of a moving car [but who am I kidding, most people just freeze with fright]... But I hope that as I get older, I can find something that I can dedicate myself to. That's how I view "dying for something" as. To live dedicated to one thing that when I go, it'll be one thing that will be connected to me. As if my life has been offered for that one thing. I don't know if you get it, but it makes sense to me[heh].

We'll go with living inspired for now.

No comments: