.

.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I don't sing and dance.

So I'm a little behind on my blogging. So what. I just finished chapter one of my story on kinkeejou. If you want you can read its semi-useless prologue. It's somewhere on here.

So PROM, PROM, PROM. It was great; dressing up, seeing everyone else dressed up, limos, pictures, dancing, food! Well the food wasn't the greatest but whatever that's the least of my worries. I wish I had had taken off my suit jacket earlier to show off my suspenders and armbands. I didn't look as good as I felt with my tie being the only contrast. Oh well. I never look good in pictures anyway. Photogenic isn't one of my traits. Neither is "good dancer". I tried but not really 'cause I knew there wasn't much of a point. At one point when I was sitting down I found that none of the guys really knew how to dance. Some just looked more preposterous than others. But still, one of the things that made my day was the last slow dance, "Back at One". It was never really a special song to me even though I've known it most of my life, but that all changed. I'm glad I knew the words. Me and MJ were just there making fools of ourselves singing / lip-synching the song while everyone else on the floor was tightly bound to their lovers and close friends. Just thinking back made me smile.

The after party? not much to say. I wish I could have stayed the whole time. My mom didn't let me. It kinda annoyed me. Still kinda does. Anyway, people had a lot more fun after people sobered up a little. I wish I could have stayed the whole time.

Saturday was cotillion practice. I had to sing. I don't sing. My range is not that of a normal guy's. Not in a good way. Plus, I have the range the size of an ant. A baby ant. WHY AM I SINGING CAN I PLAY GUITAR INSTEAD?

Sunday morning! It was great. It's a little chilly outside today but that's okay. I went in for work for the first time in what seemed like FOREVER. I really missed everyone. I was reminded of why I choose to stay there. I love the people. Although being gone for a while made me make mistakes, I don't think I got that rusty. For some reason I keep track of how I do at work. I definitely get my rhythm when I need to. PLUS, Julian came and visited! I miss the old trio of me, him and Patrick. We made breakfast fun.


Oh, the memories I've made.
So, a pretty big weekend. For me anyway. Sorry thoughts are disorganized I just belted out things. : )

1 comment:

Justin said...

oh god. awful dance moves. that's me