.

.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pass that dutch.

This past weekend was the first ever Regional Youth Conference.
Spirits blazing, I went in there excited to play some volleyball. It's what I really wanted to do there. Of course, I signed up for football and soccer too. Basketball, well, just isn't my thing. Football was a bust. With Alan (the captain) busy with band competition, football never had a chance. Oh well. Soccer, on the other hand, went well. Actually, more than great. We got first place, yeah! Volleyball happened later on in the day. We got our asses kicked. Hard. Such is life.
It was a while since my last worship. Most songs came back to memory, while some were taught to me by the projector screen. Either way, it felt great.
Results came! It's a good thing Alan chose band over football, they won first place for band! Congratulations. Aaaaand with a sudden, ugly, turn of events, the award for soccer read "West Two" instead of "West One". I came home empty handed.
Running all over the place trying to get everywhere, trying to find people, trying to watch things I wanted to really tired me out. Close enough to say that I didn't enjoy myself. I'm choosing not to say that so that I won't feel like my money's been wasted. Tryiiiiiiiiiiiing!

Anyway, I've been home with nothing to do. Bumming around is not fun at all.

No comments: